Okra is normally utilized thickening agent in soups, because of the fact that it has gooey-gooey texture.
But we did not understand that in fact, it is a nutritional powerhouse that is filled with minerals, vitamins and a number of other nutrients that have health advantages that can deal with kidney illness and diabetes.
This makes okra a very good food that helps with our wellbeing.
It doesn’t matter if you take okra fried, boiled or even in pickled form, because you can take advantage of its health gains at any time of the year.
Okra water – how to prepare:
- Pierce the sides of the pods with a knife
- Put the pods in a big container and then pour water
- Leave the pods in water for minimum of 8 hours (you can go up to 24 hours).
- After you remove the pods from the water, squeeze them into the water. This is done because you want the vegetable to release any leftover sap.
- At this point, you no longer need the pods and you can throw them away. You need to drink the water.
This vegetable benefits our health in a number of ways, because it is a great source of powerful antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber.
- Okra reduces cholesterol
- Decreases the danger of colorectal cancer and other cancer types in general
- Avoids irregularity
- Deals with irritable bowel, lung inflammation, ulcers and aching throat
- Improves energy levels
- Helps deal with anxiety