- 1 Causes Of The Erroremulator: emulator: error: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
While launching Android Virtual Device or AVD in Android studio, the Error: x86 Emulation Currently Requires Hardware Acceleration! Might be seen by some users on their devices. It commonly occurs when a user sets commands to compile an application using Android Virtual Device. This error can be encountered in both new and old versions of Android Studios. The error can occur in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Causes Of The Erroremulator: emulator: error: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Emulator error x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration in the android studio for many reasons. The most common of them are on the following list.
- If BIOS settings disabled the Intel/AMD Virtualization technology. Sometimes the built-in hardware virtualization technologies are prevented by the CPU because of BIOS Settings.
- This error becomes the most common error If the Intel HAXM module is not installed in Android Studio. The Intel HAXM module must be downloaded via the SDK manager.
- Any third party software can cause this error, for example, Avast’s hardware-assisted virtualization technology can halt the process of Android Studio’s AVD.
- The Windows Hypervisor Platform is very important for the Windows Features screen. If it is disabled for AMD CPU then this error can occur.
- If hardware virtualization is not supported by the Machine’s CPU. This is a common problem with old versions of CPUs.
The emulator: emulator: error: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration! Can be removed with the following simple methods:
Method 1: Installing the Intel HAXM module:
This module is very important for the compilation of applications that use hardware virtualization. If this module is missing from the computer then the error will occur. Use the following steps to install the Intel HAXM module:
- Open Tools > Android > SDK Manager in Android Studio. OR File > Settings > System Settings > Android SDK > Standalone SDK Manager.
- Click on the Intel X86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM) files in the expanded menu. Then press the Install packages button.
- To Install the extension file of the software double-click on the file named intelhaxm-android.exe.
- After installing the software, restart the computer and Android Studio.
Method 2: Disabling Hardware-assisted virtualization from Avast:
we always use anti-virus software on our devices to protect them from various kinds of viruses. But sometimes the hardware-assisted virtualization of Avast causes problems with Android Studio’s AVD. Steps to remove this problem:
- Open the setting menu on Avast software.
- Unchecked the nested virtualization and Enabled hardware-assisted virtualization in the Troubleshooting tab.
- Run the application inside Android studio to make sure the error is removed.
Method 3: Enabling Hardware Virtualization from BIOS/UEFI settings:
If hardware virtualization is disabled from your BIOS/UEFI settings then the emulator: emulator: error: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration! Can be seen on the screen.
- Open BIOS or UEFI Settings for the initial booting sequence.
- Search for *motherboard model + setup key*“.
- You can press the setup keys such as F2, F4, F6, F8, F10.
- Open the Recovery menu of the Settings app. And then press the Restart now button under Advanced startup.
Emulator: Emulator: Error: x86 Emulation Currently Requires Hardware Acceleration! Is a common error and it can be removed very easily with the methods suggested in the article.
Read also: Robloxmatch com Free Robux How secure is it to use?