The wedding is a momentous ceremony in the life of the bride and groom to be. It is an occasion where two people unite together and commit to staying with each other throughout their life.
During this ceremony, a wedding ring becomes the physical symbol of this unity between the bride and groom. It holds great value in the life of a groom-to-be and bride-to-be.
However, selecting the best wedding ring for the bride and groom is not a cup of tea for everyone. It is a serious and tedious job. It becomes more severe for someone who has never been to shopping. Especially, purchasing the jewelry.
Since there are a number of options available in the market, it becomes tricky for you to decide on which ring to purchase.
In order to find a perfect ring for the wedding, either you should be knowledgeable to select the right piece for the occasion or you should follow a few guidelines that we have noted down for you.
Expert tips to purchase a perfect wedding ring
- Select the right engagement band
Wedding rings are available with a variety of metal bands namely gold, white gold, rose gold, platinum, etc. Depending on the liking of your partner, you can go for any gold wedding rings or can opt for other metals like platinum, etc.
Every single metal that you will see in the market is precious and adorable. Also, everyone has different opinions. In the end, it comes down to preference. We suggest you take the help of your bride-to-be for selecting the correct wedding ring. This may also help you to understand her liking for the jewelry.
- Choose the right style of wedding ring
When you go searching for a perfect wedding ring, you might end up looking at multiple styles of wedding rings. There are greater chances of you getting confused between the styles. This might end up you purchasing a wrong ring and creating a problematic situation at the time of your wedding.
Please note that not every ring is designed in a similar way. Nor even it is set in the same way. You might get an option to select between solitaire setting, bezel setting, and others.
In this guideline too, we would suggest you take the opinion of your partner. It carries a lot of importance here too.
- Evaluating the diamonds attached in the gold wedding rings
The diamonds attached in the rings are differentiated as per their gradation. While deciding on whether the diamonds are proper or not, you need to follow the 4C rule applicable to all the diamonds.
1. Cut – If diamonds are cut efficiently, the light will bounce off from one edge to another. Also, it will add a different style to your wedding ring.
The cut has its own value. It depends on the cutter whether they can make a ring impactful with the addition of a diamond in the wedding ring.
2. Clarity – Clarity of the diamond refers to the lack of imperfections in the diamond. The lesser the addition of other minerals, the better will be its clarity.
3. Color – Color on the diamond is graded from D to Z. D is for pure white which is really very very rare to find. Z denotes light yellow which is readily available in the market. A white diamond holds a lot of value in the market. And so does when it is attached to your wedding ring.
4. Carat – Carat simply means the weight of the stone. The higher the weight, the higher will be its Carat value.
- Never forget your bride at home and go out for shopping alone or vice versa
When you are moving out for shopping and especially when buying a wedding ring, it is better to ask your life partner to come with you. This is all possible when you are not at all planning to give it as a surprise.
Both of you can see so many options available in the wedding ring category and select the best ones that you like and your partner too. This will help you understand each other’s likes and dislikes.
When you are out together for purchasing a wedding ring, you can even think of purchasing the couple rings that match with your preference and budget.
A special note for all the brides
If you are going out to purchase a wedding ring, don’t forget to ask your groom to join. It will become very easy for you to select a wedding ring for your groom if he joins for shopping.
There are chances of the carrying liking for a thicker style and you order a thinner one. So better you take your groom with you and select the best choice for the wedding ring. All the best!