The bakery products made with Italian recipes are globally famous because of their distinctive signature flavour. After spreading to various countries, some customizations occurred in their basic methods according to regional preferences. Therefore, you cannot find the original taste of Italian flavours in the local bakeries. However, some online portals are currently supplying authentic Italian bakery products like cookies, cakes & bread etc. but their reachability is limited. If you are a big fan of cookies, it is advisable to prepare them at home rather than depending on online stores. All you need is a well-explained recipe and oven. In this article, we are allowing you to prepare some appetizing cookies based on authentic Italian flavours. Take a look and try to make at home.
Crunchy Cantucci Biscotti recipe
The taste & texture of Italian biscotti cookies are entirely different from normal cookies that you buy from the market. Even though they are rarely available in the local shops. Now you can prepare them conveniently at home by following this simple recipe:-
Major ingredients to collect
- Add 4 cups of all-purpose flour in a big bowl.
- Arrange 2 cups fo white sugar crystals separately.
- Two cups of hazelnuts. Make sure that they are roasted, skinned and coarsely chopped to maintain crunchiness.
- 6 eggs (perfectly beat)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and almond extract each.
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
Rather than you order Italian cookies online, follow this simple recipe to prepare 36 servings very easily. Here is the complete process to make use of all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Take two large bowls. Add sugar, baking soda and all-purpose flour in the first one. Mix vanilla extract, almond extract & beaten eggs in the second bowl.
- Now add the liquid ingredients in the dry ingredients bowl and prepare a stiff dough. Add nuts and stir the mixture in order to obtain a consistent mixture.
- Mould your dough of cookies in a long rectangular shape of 15 inches in length and around 3 inches in width.
- Take a greased cookie sheet and place the material on it carefully.
- Heat up your oven up to 175 degrees C bake the cookies for around 20 minutes. Remove the sheet from oven and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Now, cut down the rectangular-shaped cookies into normal biscuits size and put back the baking sheet again inside the oven for the next 15 minutes. In this time period, your cookies will turn golden brown and become ready to serve.
Just like this one, the Italian chocolate cookies are also very convenient to prepare with minimum efforts. Most of the ingredients will be already present in your kitchen.
Authentic Italian Pizzeles recipe
Pizzelles are the signature cookies of Italian origin & much easier to prepare as compared to complicated recipes like puff pastry cookies. Here is a list of ingredients to collect for this purpose:-
- Arrange two cups of margarine
- Add 7 cups of all-purpose flour in a bowl
- 3 cups of white crystal sugar (medium)
- 12 beaten eggs
- Get 4 tablespoons of anise extract
- 8 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pizzelle iron
- Mix dry & liquid ingredients in separate bowls.
- Now, add the liquid mixture including eggs & anise extract in flour to prepare a fine dough.
- Heat up your pizzelle iron and drop the dough with a tablespoon.
- Your cookies will prepare in just 40 to 45 seconds.
This is one of the most straightforward recipes of cookies, but you will surely love the taste. The material used here is meant to prepare 30 servings. You can increase or decrease the quantity according to the requirement.